Tuesday, October 13, 2009

PB10_2009103_Google Calendar

At the beginning of this month I was developing an overarching calendar with Microsoft Publisher that showed the major events in my Spanish 2 Honor class. It included the day's topic as well as due dates for homework assignments, tests, quizzes, and projects.




In about two days I created a master schedule from October 2009 to February 2010. Once that was done, I was about to take it to the copier. When suddently, it dawn on me, what if some school days are cancelled, what if we decide to linger on a topic, what if we move faster than expected, wouldn't that printed calendar become obsolete?

So, I decided to explore Google Calendar. And I just loved it! This video shows you a quick overview on how I got started.



A final note: I love the fact that whenever I need to update it, I can send my students a notification and all changes are reflected in their calendar. No more obsolete calendars!

No comments:

Post a Comment